Waking up to a "good morning" message is cute and all and so is a mid-day rendezvous. But there comes a point in some relationships when you want something more than just a thoughtful text and a good orgasm. Can your significant other tell that you're sad by the tone in your voice? Do you feel like you can be your truest self around them? These are signs of what experts refer to as an intimate relationship.
"It's a relationship where two people share more with each other than they do with other people, "It’s the safest place in the world when you’re scared when you’re traumatized when you feel wounded and sad," she says. In an intimate relationship, you should feel safe being vulnerable and comfortable enough to expose your whole self, Fields says.
But developing an intimate relationship with someone is no easy task. It requires several key elements—commitment and trust, to name a few. Not sure if you and your S.O are on that level yet? Here are 10 surefire signs you're in an intimate relationship.
1. You've established a strong sense of trust together.
2. They're committed to getting to know you inside and out.
3. You can be vulnerable around them.
4. You feel accepted in every way possible.
5. You can rely on them when things go wrong.
6. You feel interdependent in the relationship.
7. You grow from your shared experiences.
8. There's a team mentality in the relationship.
9. Raw honesty isn't something that scares you.
10. You feel like they understand you.Source: Women's Health